How do I book?
How Do I Pay?
ILA / Card / Cash
What do I need to provide?
Appropriate salon wear
It is vital that all students bring models
Can I get insurance once qualified?
Yes, the following companies will unsure you;
The Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists
ABT (Associated Beauty Therapies)
5. Individual Learning Accounts - via Skills Development Scotland
We’ve put together some of the most commonly asked questions about Individual Learning Accounts (ILAs).
- Do I have to open a new account every year? Yes : you need to re-apply each year for your ILA account
- Can I carry over any funds to next year? No - The funds in your account are available for 12 months only. If you don’t use the full amount you won’t be able to carry it over to the next year. However, if you re-apply and still meet eligibility criteria, your account will be renewed with another £200.
- Can I do more than one course per year? Yes - if you don’t use all of your available ILA funds on one course. After every course you book we‘ll write to tell you how much you have left to spend.
- What happens if I lose my learning token? Call the helpline on 0800 917 8000 and let our advisers know. They’ll arrange a replacement token for you.
- If I choose a course and decide not to go ahead with it, what do I do? If you change your mind, you have to let the learning provider know that you want to cancel your course booking. If you change your mind about a course after you have started attending classes, and have already paid for the course, funds will only be paid back to your account at the discretion of the learning provider.
- What happens if the course I chose is cancelled? If a course is cancelled before it starts, the money will be refunded back into your account. We‘ll write to tell you so you know when the funds are available for you to use again.
- Do I have to pay VAT on the cost of my course? Some learning providers may have to charge VAT. If so, you’ll have to pay VAT on any part of the course price not covered by your ILA funds. Check with your learning provider to find out what the total cost will be, before you make your final choice.
- The learning provider I want to use says they are unable to give me the total cost of my course, including VAT, until they know how much my personal contribution to the course will be. Is this correct? Yes. The price shown in the course details excludes VAT and for the majority of learning providers, the price you see will be the price that you will pay. However, some private learning providers have to charge VAT on the services they provide. Fortunately they do not have to charge VAT on the money provided by ILA, only on the balance of the course price which is your personal contribution. This means the final price you pay for the course will change depending on the amount of VAT due on your personal contribution.
- What if my circumstances change? It’s important that you keep us up-to-date with any changes in your personal details, for example if you move house, or change your name.